Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development Bursaries
Deadline date: 31st October 2013
Who can apply:
1) South African citizens and are permanently residing in Limpopo Province
2) Post Matriculation Candidates, Current Matriculants, Students at Tertiary Institutions
How to apply:
1) Interested students apply either personally, telephonically or in writing.
2) Bursary Application Forms are obtainable through personal collection at District Offices of Health and Social Development, hospitals and clinics, Tribal and Local Government Municipal Offices and online here.
3) Completed application forms are submitted to Department of Health and Social Development at the centers as mentioned immediately above or posted to the Department at the postal address at the bottom of this pamphlet on or before the 31st October of each year.
4) Applicants are to submit proof of admission/promissory letter of acceptance with tertiary institutions where they intend to enroll for their studies immediately upon receipt thereof.
5) Prior the final selection is made for the deserving applicants, home visits verifications are made to ascertain the authenticity of submitted information and the applicants’ neediness
6) Successful applicants are informed telephonically and advised to submit proof of registration with tertiary institution and after accepting bursary offer, they are required to enter into an Undertaking Agreement with the Department to the effect that immediately upon completion of their studies, they will unconditionally comply with terms and conditions thereof
7) Bursary Confirmation letter is then handed to the applicant [now the bursary holder] to be submitted to the tertiary institution where he/she has been registered.
What’s Covered: : Tuition – 100% Meals – 100% Accommodation – 100% Registration – 100% Book Allowance as determined from time to time.
Fields of Study Covered:
- MBCHB (Degree in Medicine)
- BDS/BCHD (Degree in Dentistry)
- B. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- B. ORAL HYGIENE
- B. DENTAL THERAPY
- B. PHYSIOTHERAPY
- B. OPTOMETRY
- BSC DIET/NUTRITION
- B. SOCIAL WORK
- NATIONAL DIP: ORTHOTICS/ PROSTHETICS
- MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- B. RADIOGRAPHY
- ND. CLINICAL ENGINEERING
- B.A. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- B. TECH. EMERGENCY CARE