The Institute is an independent think-tank producing research, policy critiques, and risk analysis on South Africa. Their fields of expertise include the economy, business, labour, education, demographics, living conditions, crime, security, healthcare, land reform, service delivery, politics, and government affairs. They benchmark themselves on telling subscribers today what they will read in the media in two or three years’ time.
The national bursary programme of the Institute dates back to 1935. Since then their students, among them Mr. Nelson Mandela, who won a bursary worth £120 in the late 1940s, have served the country in almost every field of endeavour.
Deadline Date: 31 August 2013
The bursary application process starts online on 1 July 2013 and closes 31 August 2013. Please note that only application forms from the Bursary Department at the South African Institute of Race Relations will be considered. Application forms downloaded from any other websites will not be taken into account.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application form here. The closing date by which to complete this form is 31st August 2013.
2. The completed online applications will be reviewed by the Institute. They will produce a short-list of potential bursary recipients.
3. The Institute will contact all short-listed applicants. Each short-listed applicant will be supplied with documents that he or she will require in order to complete the application process. Please note that if you are not contacted by the Institute by 30th September 2013 then you have not been short-listed.
4. Short-listed candidates must complete the documents they received under step 3 and return these to the Institute by 15th November 2013.
5. The Institute’s bursary selection committee will review all those final applications received on or before 15th November 2013 and make decisions about which students are to receive bursaries for 2014. These decisions will be taken by 15 February 2014.
6. The Institute will notify the students who have been granted bursaries.